2003 Tail light Short

Reaction score
Hello, I have a direct short in the tail light/Instrument panel. I recently installed a new media system with a back up camera, I thought for sure it had to be something I did. Currently (NO Pun) I have disconnected all my work, disconnected the wire harness behind the rear passenger seat to try and isolate the short. So far I cannot locate any issues. The #5 fuse keeps popping when I turn on the tail lights, but when I turn on the headlight switch, the instrument panel lights do come on . I have a volt meter attached in the #5 slot and when either the tail light switch over the steering wheel or the head light switch on, I read 12 volts . This is telling me there is a direct short somewhere. It just seems suspicious that this all happened after my radio/camera install. Any thoughts would be helpful. The next place to hunt is behind the instrument cluster and I really am not excited about that.

Thanks
Bilgepump9

Ask a Question