2003 // Shudder & Hesitation on Acceleration

Reaction score
I am running into an issue with my 03.

When I am accelerating from a stop while turning, the front end will shudder and hesitate.

It's almost as if the engine wants to sputter to a halt, though it does not do this.

I suspect it could be the Idle Air Control valve, though I am curious if I am overlooking something more simple.

Transmission flush? Power Steering?

Any input or ideas are helpful.

I did try the search function, though being new to the forum, I am learning.

Thanks!
Conkatonk.

I am running into an issue with my 03.

When I am accelerating from a stop while turning, the front end will shudder and hesitate.

It's almost as if the engine wants to sputter to a halt, though it does not do this.

I suspect it could be the Idle Air Control valve, though I am curious if I am overlooking something more simple.

Transmission flush? Power Steering?

Any input or ideas are helpful.

I did try the search function, though being new to the forum, I am learning.

Thanks!
Conkatonk.

Nope! I am actually pulling the throttle body off now to inspect it. I believe I have something blocked.
When mine does it it seams like it might be in transmission. As it is like it is when it shifts gears or close to it. Some times I smell transmission fluid but never see any leaks

When mine does it it seams like it might be in transmission. As it is like it is when it shifts gears or close to it. Some times I smell transmission fluid but never see any leaks
I pulled the throttle body and adjusted the screw for idle. It helped a little though I still have a low end power issue. Not sure what to do next. I may create an exhaust leak right in front of the catalytic converter to try to see if it may be clogged.

Does it make any difference if the headlights or AC are on or off?
My brother is having a similar sounding problem and thinks running with them off may cure it, needs more testing.

I did a full service on transmission and put a shudder additive in it and it took care of my issues

Ask a Question