2001 Outback need help before driving across country

Reaction score
Hi all,

I own a Subaru outback 2001 with 230k miles on it. I am the second owner and for the past 7 years, I have been taking care of my car well. I am planning to drive across the country sometime later this year. I am a little worried about it due to such high mileage what if something goes wrong. I was just wondering if there are any recommended items I should get replaced at such high mileage.

Few major repairs and timeline:
+ replacing rack and pinion, car battery, head gasket, timing belt, new tires, and alternator: 150k
+ replacing an engine pulley that was a loose, second timing belt, all fluids flushed, new tires and spark plugs: 200k
+ New rotor, calipers, brake pads, radiator, and car battery: 210k
+ I have also done few minor things by my self replacing the fuel filter (160k), both filters (air and cabin) every 25k-30k miles, changing the engine oil and filter every 4-5k miles.

Recently my mechanic mentioned replacing the struts both front and back. I am considering getting that done before the long trip. I was just wondering if there are any recommended items I should get replaced at such high mileage? Are there any other minor things I should do by myself at a regular interval? I do not have a lot of tools but enough to change all spark plugs.

Ask a Question