1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8l Brake Line Routiung

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new here but I'm out of cheap options. I am trying to get some new brake lines on the rear of my Subaru and I'm trying to see how it's routed because (probably due to lack of brake line knowledge) underneath the back seat, there are 2 lines covered by a black grommet going down into the car. I've chased them somewhat around, but I'm sure you all know, the brake lines like to hide on top of the gas tank. Basically I'm seeing how I can re-route them. Also, how do the lines go through the car? I cannot find an honest diagram anywhere, so I can buy replacement parts. I don't want to hack a compression fitting onto the old line. There is a black grommet on the driver and passenger side. Is that a simple return? Thank you for the help! As you can probably tell. I'm new to brake lines, so don't get salty at the dumb questions, please!

Ask a Question