Reaction score
My 2012 Impreza just reached the 180k mark. I am the original owner. I commute 88 mi roundtrip daily five to six days a week. Based on that I can't get a lease. A auto salesman also told me that buying a new auto doesn't make sense because I would depreciate it so fast and the warranty would be done in a year and a half. Used car prices are overvalued. My Impreza has been dealer maintained and other minor work done by an independent mechanic and Mavis tire. I just had to replace the CVT's valve body ($1,600). Major suspension parts have been changed except front struts. Otherwise the car runs and looks great.

I guess my general question is "what would you do?" I would like to wait out this chip shortage and having to pay inflated new and used car prices. But on the other hand I am concerned about other major component failure and then having to buy something quickly. Just thought I would throw this out there and gather some opinions.
Thanks

A new car will of course depreciate but if you plan to keep it as long as you have with the Impreza than that wouldnt matter. Sounds like you'll need to way your options on keep the Impreza and paying for more repairs or buying new and not having to worry about it for another 5-10 years. Subaru offers warranty coverage out to 100k so the "salesman" you talk to is full of crap.

Ask a Question