09 Impreza 5dr: door open warning & cargo light killing battery

Reaction score
Started off with the typical door ajar warning on the dash along with five chirps when you lock the vehicle. This has been leading to a dead battery.

My mechanic scanned the multifunction or BCM module which returned that the hatch, right rear and right front doors were showing open.

I do not know which wire is which on the 4 wire electronic tailgate latch, so I threw a new part at it with no change.
I have checked for a change of state in both two wire door pin switches on the passenger side, and both are fine.

The luggage courtesy light recognizes when the hatch is open and gets 12 volts. When the hatch is closed the light stays partially lit with 8 volts???

The one thing that these three doors share is a common grounding point under the front passenger seat. I have not remove the seat and gotten into that eyelet in the floor. I get less than 1ohm resistance when checking either door pin switch or the hatch ground wire to each other and to chassis.

What next?
Thx

Forgot to add that I pulled the right hand wire loom boot on the hatch unwrapped the tape and found no visible broken wires. I understand the wire strands can break inside of the PVC casing but this whole wrap feels strong.

Visually check for wiring damage at the harness that exits the roof and enters the rear gate.
If the harness is disconnected at the roof and there is no battery parasite, at least the defect is narrowed to that circuit.

Visually check for wiring damage at the harness that exits the roof and enters the rear gate.
If the harness is disconnected at the roof and there is no battery parasite, at least the defect is narrowed to that circuit.
First I visually checked it. Now I've pulled the Cpillar covering and found the header connection points. Measured resistance from there to the latch. All below a half ohm.

From the point of connection and the hardware disconnected inside the gate, there should be 0 Ohms between any wire and the ground circuit.

Ask a Question