08 Tribeca Air Bag light on with no codes

Reaction score
Hello everyone I just purchased my first Subaru 09 Tribeca. I consider myself pretty good in the mechanic field but this one has me whipped. Air bag light is on so I scanned it with the Matco Maxgo scanner went to the SRS system and it shows no problems what so ever.

Hello everyone I just purchased my first Subaru 09 Tribeca. I consider myself pretty good in the mechanic field but this one has me whipped. Air bag light is on so I scanned it with the Matco Maxgo scanner went to the SRS system and it shows no problems what so ever.
I had the airbag light come on in my 14. Took it to the dealer and they reset it.

Can’t remember how much it cost but it was fast and simple and hasn’t given me trouble since.

Also you need a scanner that can read airbag and body module codes.

A simple obd code reader won’t read air bag codes.

this scanner is capable of reading SRS and all modules on the vehicle. this scanner is just over 4k $ but you still may be rite some modules are dealer specific scanners

this scanner is capable of reading SRS and all modules on the vehicle. this scanner is just over 4k $ but you still may be rite some modules are dealer specific scanners
Check your fuses...I pulled the fuse for my stereo last time (accidentally) while I was working on it and for whatever reason it made the air bag light come on. .

What was the last thing you changed on the car?

Ask a Question