'07 Forester X auto tranny hesitation

Reaction score
You folks may have answered this before but I couldn't find it. On odd occasions my subaru will slam into gear about 2-6 secs. after you move lever to select gear. No hesitation while driving/stopping (he says with fingers crossed) but sometimes with it in gear accelerating from stop it may do it, not that often. Parts store guy says he would put Trans-X(?) sealer/conditioner in tranny after removing some so it's not overfilled. Anyone have any other suggestions? Oh, it's a 2007 subaru forester x, auto trans, with about 138,000 miles. Head gasket issue was done under warranty back around 96,000 miles. We don't put much mileage yearly on this car even though it's used regularly. Any suggestions appreciated.

You folks may have answered this before but I couldn't find it. On odd occasions my subaru will slam into gear about 2-6 secs. after you move lever to select gear. No hesitation while driving/stopping (he says with fingers crossed) but sometimes with it in gear accelerating from stop it may do it, not that often. Parts store guy says he would put Trans-X(?) sealer/conditioner in tranny after removing some so it's not overfilled. Anyone have any other suggestions? Oh, it's a 2007 subaru forester x, auto trans, with about 138,000 miles. Head gasket issue was done under warranty back around 96,000 miles. We don't put much mileage yearly on this car even though it's used regularly. Any suggestions appreciated.
He says?
She wrote?

email me with more details

i will let u know

JimTheMechanic@
Yah00

my cars needed a new transmission for over 50,000 miles now and I did research till the cows come home and I went with (lube guard) so what you do is you drain all the fluid out of it and put in all but the last quart and throw a quart of lube guard in.... it's been running fine ever sence! just don't change the filter just leave that alone !!!...so just drain the fluid out put in the new I just use the Subaru dealership transmission fluid for the vehicle and I'm actually about to do it again and I might put 2 quarts of the lube guard in there and I think I'll be good for the rest of the cars life?.... just remember you change the filter and the tranny goes right after so don't touch the filter at all !!!!

Ask a Question