05 Legacy GT 2.5 coolant noise?

Reaction score
i have a 2005 subaru legacy gt that i am pretty sure has the ej25x, the wrx short block with the sti internals. i recently did the headgaskets and whenever I drive it a bit more aggressively or for a longer drive(20-30 Minute drive) after I shut it off in about a minute it makes this bubbling coolant sound that sounds like it is on the passenger side kinda by the turbo. i am not sure where its coming from because I've had it on a lift and looked from the top with flashlights and I even took off the intercooler and looked and still cannot find the source. it only leaks a little and only after i shut the car off. if anybody has any idea where to start please let me know!

Sounds like a possible air leak or pocket. Have you tried to bleed the system and make sure you dont have air trapped somewhere? Did this start happening before or after the head gasket replacement?

Ask a Question