‘09 Legacy shudder issue?

Reaction score
when I accelerate from a stop, the car jerks/stutters for 2-3 seconds, rpms will fluctuate/drop and rise quickly during the time the car is jerking. This seems to only happen when the car is around 1500-2000 rpms with speed around 25-30mph. I notice if I accelerate and don’t let the car drop below 2000 rpms the jerking doesn’t happen. I thought the problem was because I had a damaged cv boot/axle (boot was completely separated all the way around). I thought this was causing the vibration. Had both front axles replaced. (Boot was completely detached on one side) But the vibration was still there. Could the damaged cv axle/boot caused the wheels to become unbalanced? Should I have gotten an alignment after replacing the axles? When I vibrates, it sounds like something is rubbing against something else, and almost like a hum. And it doesn’t happen during a cold start. Once the car has warmed up it seems to do this the most. I don’t really feel it in the steering wheel at all, I’d say more like barely at the gas pedal or driver seat/passenger. Car also drives fine at higher speeds from 40-65/75 mph, with no loss of power, no shaking.

also these are the latest things I’ve had replaced in the last 7-10 months: throttle body, spark plugs, ignition coil/wires, temperature coolant sensor, front cv axles, battery.

help! Where should I be looking to figure this out?!

Hey did you ever find out what the problem was? I just had my valve body replaced on my 2015 Subaru Legacy and now it is doing the exact same thing you are explaining.

Ask a Question